Operation Gratitude Care Package Weekend!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's been a good weekend so far...

Had some fun this weekend.

updated: Crap. Fergot to mention.  Car rolls to a stop right in front of us,  Out of gas.  I set down all my flags'n'signs'n'stuff to help push it out of the way.  Then I realize I'm pushing a Prius.  Out of gas.  Ah, life's little pleasures...

Friday night, some fun new signs:


 Then a fellow came by with a camcorder, claimed to be a reformed Democrat who worked with Howard Zinn once and produced the "People Speak" series for the History Channel.  He let Deborah Leigh and I speak our piece.  God knows what will happen in the editing, of course, but we had our say, so no complaints so far.

Wade, the block commissar for the lefty group we counterprotest every week, saw the camera and came over.  He scurried around trying to stay off-camera and eavesdrop on what we were saying at the same time.  Wade loves doing this crap, I think he thinks he's being a fish swimming in the sea of the people or something; it's a regular pleasure to follow him around the LA Tea Party rallies pointing him out to everybody.

Saturday, went to the blogger meet hosted in Santa Monica by Ladd Ehrlinger, Jr., creator of the famous Dale Petersen campaign ad, before a busy day of generating viral videos for GOP candidates tired of relying on the flaccid CA GOP leadership.  Joy showed up from Little Miss Attila, along with JSF of Valley of the Shadow,Gay Patriot and Congressional Candidate Mattie Fein and her campaign manager Alli, along with John S. Thomas, the man who exposed the Daily Breeze's blatant and arrogant partiality... as well as the Master of the Tip Jar his own self, Robert Stacy McCain.  I sent Smitty some photos of the event to post, and I may send more, unless we can come to an equitable split of the tip jar take...

...and then in the checkout line on the way home I found myself in line in front of a cute blonde wearing a T-shirt that read "I only date Republicans."

Whereupon Deborah Leigh hit me.  I don't know why.

No comments:


List of Information, Implication and Insinuation

Three Beers Later!

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive