Operation Gratitude Care Package Weekend!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Why I Really Don't Give A Damn About the Chinese Balance of Trade...

I had cause to make a couple of eminently practical purchases recently: a bicycle, because my blood pressure is rapidly catching up with my zip code and all the cool bloggers who ride bicycles seem to get talked about by everyone, like that Charles Johnson fella.  Why, he's got so many visitors he can afford to turn lots of them away.

The second one was a compact video camera I could clip to my hat or clothing, because it occurred to me that with a flagpole in each hand at my rallies an HD camcorder with shotgun mike wasn't entirely practical.

So I bought the bike, the famous iPedal, a quality Chinese product, a full-size folding bike.  Then I bought a genuine Chinese mini-spy camcorder.

The first time I tried to use the iPedal, the retracting seat promptly retracted, turning the pilot ride into one of Benny Hill's Greatest Hits, in one of the spots usually hit in a Benny Hill routine (no, not the bald spot).  Then the pedals briskly stripped out of the cranks, ripping up the threads into razor-sharp needles found by diligent examination with once perfectly serviceable fingers.

Then the genuine mini-spy camcorder turned out to be a real spy  and tried to download a Trojan onto my hard drive.

So right at this moment, as far as I'm concerned, the Chinese can take our junk T-Bills and stick them up  the old spirit gate, if you know what I mean and I think you do...

No comments:


List of Information, Implication and Insinuation

Three Beers Later!

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive