Operation Gratitude Care Package Weekend!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Los Angeles Conservative Activist Needs Your Help! (or, a Bleg with Perks)...


Deborah Leigh, a longtime conservative activist and troop supporter in Studio City, and a good friend, just this week lost her roommate of 23 years without warning to congestive heart failure. Deborah is now facing serious financial difficulties with her rent and other prior emergency expenses. (People who've read her comments at Tim Blair and the Freep know she spent several months in the clutches of the VA with kidney failure).

To that end, I am donating all proceeds from my online store, Eagle Prints, to Deborah until such time as she is back on her feet. I invite you to visit there and chip in to help out someone who's been fighting for you for nearly eight years now. I hope you see something you like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to help Deborah without purchasing something; I was going to buy $20 worth bumperstickers but shipping is an extra $15 so I'd rather send directly.

Any idea how this can be done?

Cynthia Yockey, A Conservative Lesbian said...

If Deborah has a PayPal account and you have the e-mail address she uses for it, and you have a PayPal account, that's all you need to send her money directly. Once you have the right e-mail address, just log onto your PayPal account and click on, "Send money," then follow the instructions.

So the steps are as follows:
1. Deborah signs up for a PayPal account, which is free.
2. If you do not have a PayPal account, sign up.
3. Deborah makes available the e-mail address she designated in her PayPal account for receiving money.
4. You logon to your PayPal account, click the tab for "Send money," and enter her e-mail address and the amount of money you want to send.
5. PayPal notifies Deborah that money has been sent to her. She can then log onto PayPal and transfer the money to her bank account.

She can create a special free e-mail account for this at Google, or wherever, if she doesn't want her primary e-mail address to be published.

Cynthia Yockey

Anonymous said...

Cynthia, thanks for the suggestion.

Even though I don't own car I was going to buy the bumperstickers for support purposes for both Richard and Deborah however $15 extra dollars for the shipping took the air out of my intentions.

What the heck, to get something out I'll buy a t-shirt to add to my for my collection of political statements


List of Information, Implication and Insinuation

Three Beers Later!

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive