Operation Gratitude Care Package Weekend!

Monday, February 22, 2010

What's In a Name?

A brand name, anyway,

When I bought my dead laptop, an HP Compaq Presario, it was in large part bcause I remembered the Hewlett-Packard name as the mark of quality product.

Turns out, not so much.

This probably doesn't come as news to a lot of you, but apparently HP's have a real problem with overheating because a) Hp can't be arsed to install a decent fan/hat sink and b) can't be further arsed to install it properly.

This is something I will be taking up with HP, but in the meantime, as I consider a replacement, I'd be interested in hearing folks' suggestions on an affordable PC laptop. All input gratefully accepted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my toshiba doesn't totally suck


List of Information, Implication and Insinuation

Three Beers Later!

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive