Operation Gratitude Care Package Weekend!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

ODE TO RICK SANTORUM!

Robert Stacy McCain has noticed a never before revealed secret about Rick Santorum.  I KNEW there was something I liked about the guy...!




YOU HAD ME AT BEER
I don't need no menu, waitress,
The food ain't why I'm here.
This ain't no eatin' venue,
But you had me, hon, at beer.

Now I had some beer for breakfast
And I had some beer for lunch
Had a few between them,
(In LA they call that brunch).
Had some on the job today,
A little workplace cheer,
And if I should roam on my way home,
Some beer will help me steer.

That's how I met that roadhouse honey,
Said those words I want to hear.
She can't love me for my money,
Cuz I spent it all on beer!
But I think she left with someone else,
Or she's hiding in the can;
I guess she couldn't handle
A hot beer-drinkin' man.

So I took some beer out huntin',
Gonna shoot me up a bear.
Had a few up in the tree,
Did my huntin' from mid-air.
The ground was hard,
The Bear got scar'd,
The Rangers was amused:
It's gonna take a lot of beer
To fix what I got bruised.

Now don't talk to me about Cabernet,
Margaritas is just queer.
Rum and coke's a sissy joke,
And tequila makes me sneer.
Vodka's un-American,
So I drink the only drink I can.
Now lose that wine list baby doll,
And bring me another beer...

Well, I don't have that job no more,
My wife and kids steer clear. 
My pickup's stuck under this truck
(but they'll get me out of here).
But the Rangers took my shotgun,
And that bear knows where I live!
If I don't get a beer real soon,
Something's gonna give!

So I don't need no menu, waitress,
The food ain't why I'm here.
This ain't no eatin' venue,
But you had me, hon, at beer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deborah Leigh said... Well done! Country music superstar, Kenny Chesney would probably agree. (pssst You forgot the hat tip)

Anonymous said...

Deborah Leigh said... Forget the earlier post, especially if you are Kenny Chesney or in anyway connected to him (especially if you're from legal), the fine song is the sole creation of the brilliant Richard McEnroe. I stand corrected (firmly corrected) by Richard. My apologies. I owe him a case of beer ...at the very least.


List of Information, Implication and Insinuation

Three Beers Later!

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive